Your State Government is trying to hoodwink you!
The Human Services Department (HSD) recently released its draft plan to renew the state’s Medicaid waiver (aka Centennial Care 2.0). The plan includes some alarming changes to Medicaid that will harm patients:
- Charging new monthly fees with premiums and co-pays for children, the working disabled, and other low-income adults whose income is above the poverty level, that will cause thousands of people to lose coverage;
- Ending retroactive coverage protection that pays for the past medical bills that a person had in the three months before applying for Medicaid;
- Checking income every quarter or six months, resulting in coverage loss for people with fluctuating incomes, such as seasonal and part-time workers;
- Ending a “transitional Medicaid” program that will result in coverage loss for our lowest income families, penalizing them for entering a new job or accepting a raise; and
- Reducing benefits for very low-income adults with dependent children and giving the HSD secretary broad authority to cut more benefits in the future.
HSD is holding hearings to get feedback on these changes. We need to pack these hearings! Please save the date of these hearing dates/times below and plan to attend at least one and provide comment. Please also share this with your networks, asking them to do the same.
HSD Public Hearings
June 14th – Albuquerque – 3:30-5pm – CNM Workforce Training Center (5600 Eagle Rock Ave. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87113)
June 19th - Silver City - 4:00 – 6:00 pm - WNMU – GRC Auditorium (1000 W. College Ave., Silver City, NM 88061)
June 21st – Farmington - 4:30 – 6:30 pm - Bonnie Dallas Senior Center (109 E. La Plata St., Farmington, NM 87401)
June 26th – Roswell - 4:30 – 6:30 pm - Roswell Public Library (301 N. Pennsylvania Ave., Roswell, NM 88201)
Tribal Consultation Hearing
June 23rd – Albuquerque - 9:00am – noon - Indian Pueblo Cultural Center (2401 12th Street NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104)
Attention All District1199NM members and all concerned citizens: We need to pack these meetings! We need to make our voices heard! They cannot arbitrarily pick on those less fortunate without dealing with us! This is our state, this is our healthcare, these are our family members and friends! Show Up, Stand Up, Speak Up!!!
Evil prospers when good men do nothing! – Sir Edmund Burke
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Lorie MacIver
Cell phone: 505.690.6932
District1199NM – National Union of Hospital and Healthcare Employees Responds to the Vote on the Healthcare Bill today.
Albuquerque, May 4th, 2017: District1199NM is deeply disappointed with the results of the vote today in the House of Representatives. We are especially disappointed in Congressman Steve Pearce who represents constituents from the Great State of New Mexico. This vote will slash care to thousands of New Mexicans and potentially cost thousands of healthcare jobs. This new healthcare plan should more aptly be named the Great American Hospice Plan. A healthcare plan that only helps you die, not be healthy. The time is now to defeat this disastrous bill in the Senate!
- Lorie MacIver, President, District1199NM, Phone: 505.690.6932
What's New at District 1199NM